Celebrating 10 Years!
On November 18, 2023, Source of Compassion was able to celebrate with gladness all that has been done through this organization for the past 10 years with a Benefit Dinner and Silent Auction. We continue to be so grateful to the support of many who make it possible to carry out the work and plans of SoC.
First, a brief timeline of the past 10 years:
- 2012-Nick has a heart toward the poor, the addicted, widows, and orphans in Central Asia and is moved by compassion to seek the help of others on a plan to put love into action.
- 2013-Souce of Compassion receives 501 (c ) (3) status
- 2017-The work of SoC is directed to Kyrgyzstan
- 2018-Five Year Anniversary is celebrated with the team
- 2018-The Hope Center in Bishkek, a multi-purpose center for Language courses and vocational training, opens with a ribbon-cutting ceremony
- 2018-Round table discussion to see how the Hope Center can provide for Kyrgyzstan
- 2019-SoC has many outreach opportunities like coats and food for the poor, and its first summer camp
- 2020-Computer vocational courses are introduced in addition to language courses as ways to bring hope to those suffering in Kyrgyzstan
- 2021-Begin serving Afghan refugees through relief services, classes continue and grow
- 2022-Classes continue to grow in size and services offered and receive good feedback from the community
- 2023-Classes expand to include Afghan refugees, plans for growing all relief projects for the future.
At our benefit dinner, we were able to celebrate with great fellowship and food (plov or beef pilaf) cooked in a “kazan” or large pot over an open fire, salad, and a beautiful cake. We also heard from our founder, as well as members of the SoC team about their experiences, and our hope for the future!
We believe the best is yet to come for this organization. The community we serve helps to fuel the ideas for the best ways to meet their needs and what courses we will offer in the future, for all of the people who are represented here: Kyrgyz, Russian, Korean, Afghan, and many others. We are so grateful to be able to bring HOPE to Central Asia!